Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

2nd day of ERMC

Another good, but busy day. Went to 2 very interesting discussions on baptism and how a policy might be formed for a parish and the issues that might come up. That was followed by a seminar for all the first years on theological reflection. This is something we all need to do throughout our training and ministry: applying the theology that we do and encounter to our lives, in the context of the churches of which we are part and the cultures in which we live. So far it's been very interesting and hard work. Getting a little more sleep than last night's 5 might be a plan, but I'm currently blogging from a quiz which our team isn't doing very well at. Luckily we seen to care less than some other teams, so that's fine. I'm having problems getting a group together to sing some Purcell. Not getting people to do it, but finding a time to rehearse. There also seem to be some political issues, which I'm trying hard to avoid. I'm not trying to usurp the current choir, which I hope to sing in myself, nor to force a place in the worship (though a number of people have suggested it), but just to sing with some like-minded people, as I rarely get the chance. I'm sure we'll get there, but it's a little wearing.


Comments:
Glad to hear all is well. Its a huge step and something I doubt very much you'll regret doing. D is finding her course as "interesting" as the people on it ! :-) I'm sure she'll explain more later.

Take care.
Si.
 
What were you doing typing this up at 1:59am? (-8
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?